Last updated February 2018
Any reference to ‘We’, ‘Us’ and ‘Our’ is to UK Surface Analysis Forum (UKSAF) as an organisation
Any reference to ‘Our websites’ is to websites available within www.uksaf.net
Any reference to ‘You’ and ‘Your’ is to you as an individual user of our websites and applications.
Protecting your data
The UK Surface Analysis Forum wants to share information and news about our meetings and relevant information with you. We will do this solely by email or social media, but only if you would like us to.
Your privacy is very important to us, which is why we make sure you are always in control of what we do with your personal information.
Our promise to you
- We will never pass your personal details to anyone outside The UK Surface Analysis Forum for them to use for their own marketing purposes unless you have previously provided us with your informed and specific consent.
- We will ensure that we obtain your express consent before we contact you by any method for any purpose.
- We will make sure our contact with you is relevant, based upon the preference information you give us.
- You can change your contact preferences at any time. All you need to do is update your preferences by contacting the UKSAF secretary. But remember, you may miss out on important news and developments from the UK Surface Analysis Forum
- Your personal information will be stored safely and will remain secure at all times.
- No statistical information which identifies you personally will be published.
- No personal information will be kept any longer than necessary in order to fulfill the purpose it was collected for, and if you ask us to, it will be deleted.
- We will always delete your personal information if requested by you to do so
- We will always comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other applicable laws and EU Directives.
Please let us know if your details change so that we can keep in touch.
The information we collect about users
We collect information to provide you with a better experience of using our website. In order to provide you with access to certain services or data within our websites and applications, we may require that you provide certain personal information. This information may include your name, postal address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, password used to access our services or method of payment.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Logging the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer to be able to receive and send information on the Internet.
- Collecting personal data when you register or update your personal details using online forms and accounts
- Recording data through cookies
- Collecting other information from you from time to time as part of user experience surveys or questionnaires
- We track automatically the home server domain names, IP addresses, type of visitor computer, type of web browser of visitors to our websites, and specific information on what pages our visitors access
Using your information
The UK Surface Analysis Forum will process your data (for example your name, address, email address, country of residence) in accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998. We may process your information in any number of ways and on any databases we use for the following purposes:
- To create an electronic record of your data to enable your request for information to be processed
- To help us manage your membership or run any other services we provide to you
- To administer and manage the products and services we make available to you
- To compile delegate lists for distribution to attendees at our events, or for advertising future courses and events promoting The UK Surface Analysis Forum
Sharing your information
We take our obligations and responsibilities regarding protecting your privacy very seriously, and therefore, we exercise great care to protect the information we collect about you.
- We will not share your information outside The UK Surface Analysis Forum unless:
- You have provided your express prior consent, and the contractor or organisation is working directly with us as a partner as a part of maintaining our activities, products, or services. Service providers and suppliers are required to keep confidential and secure the personal information received from us and may not use it for any other purpose other than as originally intended.
- To our agents or sub-contractors for operational reasons
- To any third parties who provide a service or benefits to you or for us in connection with your membership
- For the purpose of our compliance and regulatory reporting, or to confirm your identity for anti-money laundering purposes, which may include checking of the electoral register
- If compelled by law to do so.
Communication preferences & changes to personal details
Once you have provided your express consent for us to contact you on our behalf, there are a number of methods available to you in order to change your preferences, to correct or update your personal information at any time by:
- clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email you receive from us. It is recommend to keep your original subscription email safe to facilitate this
- contacting the UKSAF secretary.
Websites & services not covered by this statement
Third party websites
- Third-party websites and services we link to through our websites have their own privacy policies, independent of us. We hold no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. We encourage you to look for and review the privacy policies of any third-party website you visit.